Some sites about hurdy-gurdy :
- Hurdy-gurdy by Alden and Cali Hackmann. Everything, absolutely everything, about this instrument ; methods, photos, concerts etc. And a list very important towards all the sites about hurdy-gurdy. Absolutely to consult ! In English.
- Hurdy-gurdy Page by Mattew Szostak. Photos of instruments, and a very good bonne description of hurdy-gurdy. In English.
- Hurdy-gurdy WWW Page by Mauro Ravera. Many hyperlinks towards very interesting pages. In English
- La Ghironda by Marcello Bono. A very good page on the hurdy-gurdy, and especially a very beautiful discography. In Italian.
- Drehleier by Uwe Jendricke. In German.
- Zanfona, the hurdy-gurdy in the Iberic peninsula. In Spanish.
- Sons et couleurs. A very good site, for those that do not know at all the hurdy-gurdy, as well as the other traditional instruments. In French.
- La veillée limousine. For those that want to know more about hurdy-gurdy. With very beautiful photos. In French.
- La Vielle en Morvan by Christian Citel, group Vertica. With very good technical pages (regulations...). In French.
- Lark In The Morning, a very beautiful catalog of hurdy-gurdies of all the times (in $). In English.
- Make a hurdy-gurdy; a very beautiful site, with magnificent photos. In English.
- Stichting Draailier en Doedelzak; an association for the promotion of the hurdy-gurdy and the bagpipe in Holland. In English.
And then for the traditional music lovers :
GENERAL SITES :
- La page TRAD to reach the sites of the groups,
- Musictrad, for the dates of concerts, discs...
- Site of Fédération des Associations de Danses et Musiques Traditionnelles. (F.A.M.D.T.)
- Site of C.I.M.T. : a very good tool of information in the environment of the traditional music.
- Site of A.M.T.A. : to consult absolutely (possibilité d'achat en ligne).
- Saint Chartier : the program of the festival, the archives for more than twenty years.
- A good site about Music of Centre France.
- The emission Folk à lier on Radio Libertaire.
- A groupe : Tétras-Lyre, of Bédouès (48 - France)
- An other group : TAPAGEto consume without moderation.
- A group OXALIS, of Nice (with a very beautiful iconography of hurdy-gurdy in this region).
- Les THIAULINS de LIGNIERES, mythical group in Berry.
- La Revue de Bresse of whom the repertoire is "loans in the tradition of Bresse, Bugey and countries of Ain..."
- Luskañ, group of fest noz from Nantes.
OTHER SITES :
- Fuzeau Editions who publish methods,
cassettes and partitions...
- A forum for makers (Canada). In English.
Page of Presentation - Top of the page - French version